Sunday, February 21, 2010

Featured poet in THE CENTRIFUGAL EYE



I'm the featured poet in the February 2010 issue of The Centrifugal Eye, "Troblems and Prubbles: All Mixed-Up."    http://issuu.com/centrifugaleye/docs/tcefeb10-troblems

There's a little box at the top where you can type in the page you want. My interview starts on page 6, poems on p 14, essay on p 18, a couple more poems on p 38 in the "Misheard poems" folio.

The focus is mostly on my use of the absurd.  I also talk about what I learned about writing poetry from translating and composing; my struggle to come to terms with Quaker attitudes toward the arts; and what I discovered about my poetics from having a daughter with Asperger's syndrome. 

Many thanks To Eve Hanninen and the editorial staff of The Centrifugal Eye for this opportunity to take stock of where I am as a poet.  And to K. R. Copeland for her witty illustrations of two of my poems.    I don't know when I last had so much fun as in the process of back-and-forthing with Eve while the whole thing took shape.

PS.  There's a malfunctioning link to my Types & Shadows column, "A ministry of uselessness"

No comments: